Typical challenges for small and medium-sized enterprises include:
- The pressure to innovate in the market is increased by a shortage of skilled workers and some undesirable fluctuation of personnel
- Entrepreneurial success comes with growing pains, such as integrating new employees, adapting the organisation, structures and processes.
- A forthcoming or already completed succession in management or ownership leads to uncertainty and concern about major changes among employees.
- Problems in implementing objectively well-defined, agreed and well-communicated plans (business plan, roadmap, digitalisation projects, etc.).
- Lack of identification with the company among employees, e.g. due to an increasingly hybrid way of working (home office, on-site in the company)
- Collaboration within the company and the sense of belonging are not at the level that one would like, leading to various problems such as inefficiency, silo mentality, etc.
How we can support you
The following solutions have proven themselves in practice with our clients and have enabled sustainable further development. Ask us for references or take a look at a sample project further down this page.
- Coach Leaders to Lead: Our coaching series for leaders.
- Business Coaching
- Personality analysis: Reflect. Understand. Grow.
Human Resources Development
- Transformational Leadership: Successfully shape the future. With our 5-day leadership development series.
- Virtual leadership – team spirit despite the home office. Master current challenges. With our online workshop series.
- Training and workshops
Development of a Culture
- Sustainable corporate culture: our process for developing and establishing one.
- Strengthening the internal feedback culture: with our leadership feedback process.
- Cultural analysis: recognise and understand the strengths and potentials of your corporate culture.
- INQA Process Cultural Change
- Successful structuring of succession planning in family businesses
- Interim management: External expertise on a temporary basis
- (Further) development of a vision for the future
- Recruiting for a cultural fit: Recruitment based on your corporate culture
Example projects – a look at what we achieve
Our customer is one of the leading technology providers in the fields of medical mechanics, plant engineering and innovative welding technology. Development and production have taken place at the company's headquarters in southern Germany since the company was founded in the 1980s.
Our client's challenges:
- Problems implementing the company’s goals
- Inefficiency and silo mentality
- Increasing employee dissatisfaction
- Shortage of skilled workers
- Lack of sense of belonging
At the time the contract was awarded, management was facing increasing dissatisfaction among employees, which was affecting the attractiveness of the employer both internally and externally. From the workers' point of view, power and decision-making authority lay exclusively with management, and they felt little involvement. In addition, the work took place under high time and performance pressure, which led to silo thinking in the company and high staff turnover. At the same time, the quality of the products suffered under these conditions. Management also felt that a sense of belonging was lacking in the company. They had the impression that the employees did not take enough responsibility and felt it was more of a burden.
The assignment included the design and implementation of a participative process to develop and establish corporate values & leadership guidelines to:
- anchor the values & leadership guidelines in the heads, hearts and hands of managers and employees to guide their actions
- strengthen the corporate culture, identity and unity.
- Design of a concept for a process for cultural change in the form of a participatory value process oriented towards the corporate goals
- Establishment of a representative group of employees who develop the company's own values from the strengths and potential of the company.
- Derivation of concrete leadership guidelines from the developed values for the establishment of value-oriented leadership
- Training and coaching of management and executives on value-oriented leadership in the company
- Promotion of dialogue between management and employees, optimisation of work meetings to strengthen communication and involvement of responsible employees
- Training the trainers of managers and staff in the representative group to conduct values workshops in small groups of the workforce.
- The company-specific values and management guidelines are defined and anchored in the actions of employees, executives and management.
- Employees are more involved in decision-making processes, which leads to a greater assumption of responsibility, direct communication and noticeably consistent product quality, as well as relieving the burden on the management.
- Management has more room for strategic issues and personnel management.
- The working sessions are focused, efficient and goal-oriented.
- Employees identify with the company more strongly and managers experience greater acceptance.
This is CULTURE IN COMPANY ROCKS
With us, you can successfully develop your company, make your corporate culture fit for the future and enable the people in your company to tap into their potential.
Founding team of CULTURE IN COMPANY ROCKS